- Joshua lost the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight titles to Usyk with a decision defeat last September, and the unbeaten Ukrainian outpointed the 32-year-old again last month to retain his belts.
Tyson Fury has said that an all-British clash with Anthony Joshua is still possible, despite the latter losing his title-rematch to Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk last month.
Joshua lost the WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO heavyweight titles to Usyk with a decision defeat last September, and the unbeaten Ukrainian outpointed the 32-year-old again last month to retain his belts.
Usyk, 35, could next face WBC title holder Fury in a bout to crown an undisputed heavyweight champion, although Fury has suggested that he might fight someone else in December, before taking on Usyk next year.
Fury believes that fans are still eager to see the heavyweights face-off in the ring and is ready to fight Joshua if a potential bout with Usyk doesn’t happen.
He took to social media on Monday to offer Antony Joshua a WBC heavyweight championship fight amid delays to his plans to face Oleksandr Usyk in a unification bout.
“Tyson Fury here, aka the Gypsy King, the WBC heavyweight champion of the world, as you can tell,” Fury said in a video posted to Instagram, wearing his belts.
“I think you’ve all heard that I’m going to be fighting soon, within the next few months, and I think that before I announce an opponent, I need to do this, just in case.
“Anthony Joshua, I know you’ve just lost a fight to Usyk and you’re beltless at the moment, and I’d like to give you an opportunity to fight me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world in the next few months.
“You’re coming off a 12-round fight, so you’re match-fit, you’re ready.
“I’m giving you a few months notice, if you’re interested I’ll send you the date over and we can have a rumble, a battle of Britain for the WBC championship.
“Let me know if you’re interested. If not, I will select another opponent. Thank you very much, and good night.”
A bout between Fury and Joshua has been rumoured for several years. Should it be arranged, it would represent a huge chance at redemption for Joshua, who had lost three of his last five fights after winning each of his first 22.